Double Diamond Fork River Fishing

Today I had the privilege of fishing with a good friend of mine Jason. We grew up in the same neighborhood in Draper, Utah. When we were in high school we even got arrested together (that is a great story!). Jason is the one I call whenever I need some new scenery or waters to fish. He is not only a great fishermen, but knows a lot of the Utah waters. Today he took me to Diamond Fork River in Spanish Fork Canyon. It was the first time that I have fished it, and you can be sure not my last. The river is gorgeous with all the beautiful green trees around it and clear water. I am amazed at all the great fishing that we have just minutes away from town. Diamond Fork is only 25 minutes away from where I live in Provo. 





I haven't done a lot of Dry Fly fishing (presenting an artificial fly on top of the water) mostly because I have been fishing the Provo River which I have better success Nymph fishing (presenting an artificial fly on the bottom of the water). Jason talked me into fishing large Hoppers on top with a bead head dropper. This fish is the first fish that I have caught on a dry fly in a long time. It was exciting to see this nice brown attack the hopper. My adrenaline was pumping through my veins as I reeled in this beauty. I am defiantly feeling the Dry Fly fever tonight. Can't wait to fish the Diamond Fork again. Thanks Jason for fishing with me today.
Oh yeah Jason, I got out of the $25 fine , and found my camera sitting on the bottom of the river !! ha ha

Enjoying the fight!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've been doing plenty of fishing! This cracks me up. I never knew you had a passion for writing?? I'm glad you're finding time to fish. I know that in high school you loved it but didn't have tons of time for it, so it's great that now you do!

    ReplyDelete